30 April 2008

Thin White Line



Yes I'm talking about the clothes line! It is a concept that I have to get used to. Hanging my clothes on a line. Back home in Singapore, we are so used to our bamboo poles where we stick them outside the window once we've pegged our clothes. It's the same concept but my clothes don't suffer from the "cow chewing effect".

What's the "Cow Chewing Effect"? It's not a new term that I've come up with but rather a term that my fiance mentioned that they used in Croatia. If you hang your clothes on a clothes line, you'll understand it. When I hang wet clothes on a line, the movement of the T shirt on the string causes strain on the fabric. After I remove the T shirt from the line, I will see a distinctive "stretch mark " across the entire length of the T shirt where the two parts are divided. Looks like a cow just chewed on the top. Nice hur? If I decide to go out with those marks, I'll be the mockery of the whole town!

How I miss my Tek Kor (bamboo poles)!

6 comments:

Tinggay said...

Sher,
can't you make your own bamboo pole thingy there?

SheR. said...

Hm... I'll see about that. Just wondering where to stick those poles then??

Sultana said...

Sher, should import the bamboo sticks from S'pore. :D Here it's even worse not even space to hang clothes outside. Got one french balcony. Have to hang the clothes inside.

SheR. said...

Hm.. I wonder how??
Maybe I break some water pipes to make them into bamboo poles for hanging clothes! Ha!

livintogether said...

Very interesting to note how these little things in Singapore can make such a difference. ^^/

SheR. said...

Yeah you bet!!! @__@