20 August 2008

Croatia foods: Fresh Yeast



Being a baker, the yeast is my best friend. And when it comes to yeast, no other instant yeast can compare to fresh yeast.

Here in my new homeland, Croatia, fresh yeast (yeah homegrown in Croatia) comes in neat little cubes as small as 40g. Unlike fresh yeast in most countries that are only comes in 1kg blocks. For domestic bakers like me, 40g is a nice size as I break it up into quarters for each bread.

I still have not found the plains where this particular brand of yeast is from but I will post it here once I got it unless there are some kind souls out there who can help me out?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

could you say which brand it is or give a clearer picture?
maybe i know where it's from.

SheR. said...

Pozdrav!
It's Di-go from Podravka. It's the only one on the market.