7 January 2008

Skiing on a thin budget


We were discussing about the number of Croatians travelling to other countries to ski this season. 200,000 of them with all their bulky equipment waiting 3 hours at the customs to get to Slovenia. That's a long wait. Singaporeans spend a long time at the Singapore-Malaysia border (we call it the Causeway) whenever it's the holidays too. But not 3 hours!
What really struck me is that most of the Croatians took credit to go on their ski holidays each year. They love to spend on their holidays and according to research spend more than their neighbouring countries on their ski trips. When one goes on a holiday in Singapore, he spends whatever he has saved not what he has not.
I'm not into skiing. And I don't understand the need to queue 3 hours to get there. Let alone be in debt for the rest of the year so that I could wrap myself in 4 layers of clothing and fall on my bum.
Nah ... Not my type of holiday.

No comments: