28 May 2008

Sunny sunny Days!




Well.. I shouldn't be complaining too much about sunny weather since I was so depressed over the miserable and cold Winter.

It is the second day in a row that we are getting sneak previews of the coming Summer weather. I told everyone back home in Singapore and everyone couldn't believe that Croatia can have similar scorching weather as Singapore. Yeap we are experiencing the 30's here!! Hot!

At least we can jump into the sea sometime soon. Can't wait! Travel plans this year include the nice Croatian beaches and islands! Yipee!!!

Another strange phenomenon (which is no longer strange for me) is the Croatians' need to suntan when the sun's out. Oh gosh at this burning rate, I wonder why many here have skin cancer?! In Singapore, you will be considered insane if you want to suntan anywhere. We avoid direct exposure in the sun as much as possible. Probably that's the biggest difference between Europeans and Singaporeans? We get dark naturally and there's no need to hit the solariums. Eekks.. no way.

So take care of your skin in the sun.. while I continue to hide in the shade of my computer.

2 comments:

footiam said...

Give me Singapore anytime; but in my case - Malaysia!

SheR. said...

;) Yes. We are neighbours after all isn't it?

I miss anything that reminds me of Sg or M'sia.