12 June 2008

Football 2 : Nogomet 0



It's Football season! Yeap it's the Euro 2008 and you can't possibly miss it if you are in Croatia. How is that possible? Well.. you can catch the results of every single match especially those that Croatian team is playing on every media. Newspapers, Radio and of course Television news.

How do Croatians demonstrate their love for the game? They fly tiny Croatian flags or huge Croatian flags on their cars and even scooters. Most of them are half drunk before the game. So you'll see plenty of rowdy behaviour around.

How to avoid the Football Fever? Stay at home. Rent a DVD. There's little chance you won't catch a glimpse or mention of any game if you watch the free Croatian channels (RTL, HRT1&2, Nova). In every caffee bar, the seats are filled. Even for those caffee bars with the tiniest TV sets, someone will be there watching and cheering the Croatian team.

All right time to go soon for the latest match Germany vs Croatia. Have fun cheering and don't forget your Laško!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,congratulations for the work you have make hier,the blog is great,i hope Portugal win the euro.................greetings from switzerland

SheR. said...

Hello again! :) Thanks!
Good luck to Portugal for the football then!

Martin MY said...

Lovely to see you recording you experiences in Croatia. Lots ot report no doubt and you are very good at doing that.

Maybe a wider style webpage will enhance your site.

Write on dud.......:)

SheR. said...

Thanks Martin!
I think I'll leave my template as it is at the moment.
Too lazy to alter the template :P Hahaha

FANCY said...

I hope for Sweden...but I think they have messed it up ;(

I have to ask if it is necessary with the letters when you have moderation?

SheR. said...

Hi Fancy!
Croatia has advanced forward after yesterday's match and coming out tops!

I don't quite understand your question concerning the letters?? What letters?

Tinggay said...

Hi Sher!

It has been a while. I've been terribly busy. I didn't know Croatia is as addicted to football as Italy, England or Spain. I wrote an article about this once but I didn't know Croatia is just as addicted. :)
It's interesting to read that post.
It's really a fever to many.

SheR. said...

Hiya Piebuko. Keeping yourself busy over there hur? Don't forget to take care of yourself :)

Football.. ah.. I can't possibly miss it this time. Croatia's in the quarters!

Sukku said...

Well what can I say about Crotia's football team......nice blogs you have....take care and have fun....

SheR. said...

Hi hi Sukku! Thanks for the comments.
Croatian team played badly in their last game. And the Turkish were brilliant. So it's totally fine.

Now let's hope for Spain. I do not wish Russia to win at all.

Sukku said...

Well my fav team lost the other day to Russia...so I guess I have lost my interest on EURO2008...no England...no fun watching...I hope to see you around at my blogs. Currently I am in Hyderabad India on my job assignment but would be heading home to KL soon and then short trips to South Africa.....