29 February 2008

The Croatian keyboard



Well.. seems like besides getting used to the weather, food, culture and language, the keyboard is also different in Croatia. I'm so used to the American keyboard in Singapore. Take a look at my keyboard (sorry it's dirty!). You will find the keys for X and Z switched. The lovely @ is no longer attached to his lover 2 but as to settle for a lower position and a strange new guy called V. The usual places for my : ; } are being squeezed out to accommodate the croatian letters Č Ć Ž Š Đ. Initially it was quite a challenge for me to type as all the letter are everywhere. But now I have to look at the keyboard when I type. Even the British keyboard isn't this much of a headache, mate!
Enough of rambling... off I go to get my ručak!

11 comments:

FANCY said...

*LOL*...what a mess...;-)

SheR. said...

Hahah:P No choice mate!

footiam said...

Are you sure this is a keyboard and not something else?

SheR. said...

Sure it is! I'm using it all the time! :P

saxyphone said...

wow... I didn't know keyboards were designed differently elsewhere. I'd prolly need a LOT of time to write one blog post! lol

SheR. said...

Hi Saxyphone! Thanks for the comment. Just take a look at Chinese keyboard. That's totally different and enough to rack your brains. French and UK keyboards are different. Even tho UK is pretty similar to US. French language has extra alphabets so keys are switched to accommodate them. Simple as that! :)

Jadran said...

Previously I had to get used to 4 different keyboards according to my working languages (Italian, Croatian, Spanish and Russian) but now I can easily write with various characters and alphabets thanks to my fantastic MacBook. It has a perfect language coverage.

This is my fist time on your blog. It's really nice in here. I'll be back soon!

SheR. said...

Pozdrav Jadran!
I had to switch the keyboards on my computer each time I use a different language to write! Headache. But Chinese language is totally separate keyboard for me. Hee...

phoenix said...

Heh! I can hardly get by without being slowed down on my friend's laptop in which the SHIFT is a small square rather than a half-bar let alone a mess like that. ~LOL~ I'd be in shambles! QWERTY ~FTW!

SheR. said...

Hahah.. I had a hard time figuring out too. Now after 6 months I'm getting used to it.

Anonymous said...

hi, good site very much appreciatted