22 February 2008

Weather Report for Croatia


Living in Croatia, I have to come to terms with the weather. Of course, I can't expect it to be like sunny Singapore everyday. So there are days (sometimes for a continuous week) of rain. And being close to the Adriatic Coast (or I prefer to call it Jadran), we get our fair share of blasting winds though unlike the sweep-me-off-my-feet type in Senj. So here's what I learnt from my limited Croatian on Croatian weather reports on TV:
  • Sunce - anything: means I expect to see sunshine! YAY!!
  • Bura: Strong winds that seem to pierce through my coat like knives and make me understand what CHILLY means! But no rains! Just woo woo woo winds...
  • Jugo: Light winds. Warm weather. But...(I need to caps this) BUT it means a week-long RAIN (sometimes for 3 or more days)! Ooh Hoo! We brought the dreary London weather here! Run! Hide! Get your brollies out!
That's all from your Sing-Cro Radio channel for the day! Stay tuned! *static* *fading*

4 comments:

FANCY said...

Rain everywhere, but, here the sun trying that is good enough for me in the end of February... ;-) You have a place in my Blog-post com'on over ;)

SheR. said...

Thank you so much! :)

Anonymous said...

hehe hang in there it just rained really heavy today and its apparently the haze season! >_< the rain helped lol =)

SheR. said...

Hee.. we are getting haze of a different kind over here. The town centre is really foggy for some reason! Beats me! :P