5 March 2008

The Sun, the Snow, the Wind and the Rain


It is totally unbelievable! Remember my post last week about the temperature in Croatia hitting the 20s? And yesterday, it actually snowed?! For the next few days, we expect to see lots of wind (Bura) and Rain. Somebody out there is still denying the effects of Global Warming?
As a matter of fact, Croatia gets lots of wind. Somewhere in the papers today stated that the government is adding another 55 more wind turbines in Knin. That will generate lots of electricity I'm sure (can't recall the exact amount). Given that wind is free, I applause this move of the Croatian government to harness this green energy.
For now, I will just have to sit here and complain about the chilly wind! Brrrr...

6 comments:

Tinggay said...

Sher, I thought it was all foggy there? Why were you surprised that it snowed? It is unusual?

SheR. said...

Nope. The weather was all sunny last week. Even tho there was fog. It was really warm. And overnight, the temperature plummeted and on Wed afternoon we got snow?! It's hard to get snow here! That's why the erratic weather conditions shocked us!

Tinggay said...

That's really surprising. I read somewhere that the same thing happened in Ireland. They were having one "springy" week with all the birds chirping -- the works; and the following week, snow and hale!

SheR. said...

Brace yourself for a heavy snow storm in UK tonight! Traffic in London will be at a standstill tomorrow AGAIN! Woohoo!!

footiam said...

The weather should be erratic back home too. I remember Taiping rains a lot when I was a kid. Last year especially, it's like living in a dessert. I know know about Singapore. But you may get the haze from Indonesia like we did. Thanks your star you are not back home!

SheR. said...

Ah.. Singapore is very hot last year when I was home. Scorching heat! It felt like all the moisture from my body evaporated instantly! Well.. that's exaggeration.. but my head hurts each time I go under the sun. It's scary.
Sometimes I'm not sure to be appreciative of the 4 seasons here or the all year round summer in sg?